Quick & Easy Snack Ideas
A young lady from my recent JYM Lifestyle & Success Seminar mentioned that she has a problem with healthy snacking throughout the day. Don’t we all have this problem from time to time? I was happy that she asked, and I thought if I shared a few of my faves perhaps a few others would benefit.
EASY & QUICK SNACK IDEAS:
· Raw Veggies + Hummus (red & green pepper, celery, cucumbers, broccoli)
· Greek yogurt + berries, kiwi or navel orange + 2 tbsp chia seed or hemp hearts
· Cottage cheese (low sodium) with berries + 2 tbsp flax seed
***Use small amt of natural honey as sweetener if needed with greek yogurt or cottage cheese)
· Brown rice cakes with peanut butter + apple slices on top
· Apple + handful of almonds (raw, unsalted) is super easy if on-the-go
· High quality protein bar (look for high protein, low sugar, low-carb)
***I don’t eat these daily. Keep them in hidden places like your purse, work drawer, gym bag etc. so if you forget to pack your lunch your not in a crunch!
Jenna’s Home-Made Trail Mix:
· A huge mixture of many of my favorites (I buy them in bulk at bulk barn or grocery store and make a TON and store it in little containers or plastic baggies)
· E.g. Raw unsalted Cashews, Almonds, Pecans, Walnuts Macadamia nuts, Pumpkin seeds, Sunflower seeds
· Dried cherries + dried sultana raisins
***Snack serving should no more than ½ cup maximum! Nuts are super high in fat but great for you in moderation.
I am passionate about living a healthy lifestyle, and inspired by those around me who are following their dreams and living life to the fullest. My goal is to become my personal best, both physically and mentally and I hope to inspire others to achieve their own success along the way.